Quintessential Equity focuses on properties in the CBD and strategic locations in which we can identify and deliver ‘value-add’ opportunities using our experience and expertise. We are regularly approached with off-market assets for consideration as a result of our relationships in the property industry.
We review many potential opportunities that are presented before we determine that a property meets our criteria. We adopt a no compromise approach for every property we purchase. The Quintessential Equity process is to identify the strategic risks of the property, assess the property’s potential to value-add, mitigate the risks and secure the long-term cash flow and have clear exit strategies.
Pre-acquisition, we draw on our in-house engineering expertise to assess prospective commercial office, industrial and residential property investment opportunities for development or regeneration, as well as to carry out strategic property upgrades and refurbishments where appropriate.
A Quintessential property must:
- Be purchased at substantially less than replacement cost;
- Have high standards of engineering and structural quality;
- Occupy a prime or strategic location for its sector;
- Be able to secure public, government and quality private client-tenants;
- Have the ability to economically achieve a minimum 4.5 Star NABERS base building energy rating (for commercial office assets);
- Have a clearly identified risk profile and risk-mitigation strategy;
- Have substantial opportunity to value-add;
- Achieve strong investor risk-mitigated returns after conservative, assumptions.
These clearly defined principles and our industry knowledge have allowed us to achieve strong, risk adjusted returns for all assets in our portfolio.